SymptomsWhen installing NetworkExpert, the website setup takes over as the default website, causing the previous default website to no longer work.
Detailed informationThis misconfiguration happens when the standard installation for NetworkExpert takes place and the website setup is not pointed to a different IP address. A website other than NetworkExpert probably already existed on your server prior to the installation and setup of NetworkExpert. NetworkExpert will automatically take that website’s IP address unless you specify otherwise.
- Set your original website as the default website
- Check to see if there is only one IP address on the server. NetworkExpert needs its own dedicated IP address, but it does not need to be the default website
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager. Instructions: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb763170.aspx
- Add a new website and direct it to the NetworkExpert folder where the media is located. Set a separate IP address for the NetworkExpert site. add the IIS_USRS (Server 2008) or IUSR_server name account, and give full control permissions for the NetworkExpert folder
You may create a second IP address for the NetworkExpert website by following the instructions below.
Important: The new IP address must be allowed for use by your IT department or network administrator in order to avoid conflicts.
- Open the Properties dialog box for the primary NIC on the server, open the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Properties dialog box, and then open the Advanced TCP/IP Settings dialog box
- Add an additional IP address and subnet as specified by your IT department or network administrator
- Click the OK button on all open dialog boxes
- The server must be restarted in order for the changes to take effect
Note: please verify with your network administrator that the second IP address you are adding is not in use by another device on your network.