SymptomsWhen installing LearnKey software, you see the product Registration Step 1 window, but you do not see the entire window contents. The Back, Next, and Cancel buttons at the bottom of the window are not viewable.
This can also occur in the training windows and the labs.
Detailed informationIn order to fully utilize our LearnKey CD training products, you will need your DPI (dots per inch) setting to normal size.
If you like to use a higher DPI setting, you can set it back after the installation without causing further issues.
SolutionIn order to see the full registration window, you must temporarily change your DPI setting to Small or 96 PPI (pixels per inch) within the advanced personalization settings.
Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, or 10
- Open the Start menu or Start screen either by clicking the Start button or or by pressing the Windows logo key or on your keyboard
- Begin typing dpi
- Click Make text and other items larger or smaller
- Select Smaller - 100%
- Click Apply. Note: you will need to log off and log back on for the change to take effect
- Right-click on your desktop and click Properties
- Click the Advanced tab
- Change the value in the DPI drop-down box to Normal 96 DPI
- Click the OK or Apply button. Note: you will need to log off and log back on for the change to take effect
If the registration fields are visible, but the buttons are not visible:
- Fill out the visible fields on each page
- Press Tab seven (7) times and press Enter to access the unseen Next button