When trying to install a new course, the message below appears, and you cannot continue.
This Operation Requires Administrative Rights
This error means that the user that is currently logged in is not registering as a local administrator. LearnKey software can only be installed with a user account that is assigned as a local administrator. On some systems, the account called Administrator is the only account with these privileges.
- Place the course CD in the CD drive. Open the drive to view (explore) the files
- Right-click Setup.exe and click Run as or Run as Administrator. Enter the credentials for a local administrator account
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the LearnKey courseware
- Check to see if this has resolved the issue
If the above solution does not resolve the issue, please assign write permissions for the files and folders below. For instructions about how to set write permissions, please see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb727008.aspx
- C:\LearnKey (entire directory)