You may want to run several CDs that you have purchased directly from your hard drive in order to eliminate the need to insert each individual CD into your CD-ROM drive.
It is possible to run LearnKey CDs from your hard drive by copying the contents of the CDs to your hard drive and changing the settings of LK_Splash_Cfg.ini, which can be found in C:\Windows after installing a course. Note: your computer must have sufficient hard drive space to complete the steps below.
- Create a directory for each of the CDs. Note: the folder names should not contain spaces or special characters. For example, if your course has three session CDs, you might create the following directories:
- Copy all the contents of each CD to the corresponding folder on your hard drive
- After all the CDs have completed copying and are ejected from the CD-ROM drive, beginning with the first session, run the setup.exe program in each of the new folders on your hard drive. Note: do not allow the training to run after each installation
- Open C:\Windows\LK_Splash_Cfg.ini in the text editor of your choice (Notepad comes built into Windows)
- In the file, every session has a course ID that is formatted like this: [123456Cour]. If the number on the label of the first CD is 123446 and the course has 3 CDs, then the course IDs would be 123456Cour, 123466Cour, and 123476Cour. The line below each course ID should begin with StreamDir=. Change the rest of the line to the path of the Media directory in the corresponding directory that you created in step 1. For example,
- Run the LearnKey Training program, and all CDs should appear in the initial splash screen and should run from your hard drive