- You purchased an Osborne or McGraw–Hill book that included a CD that allows access to online training
- After creating an account at http://mhprofessional.onlineexpert.com, entering the course, and clicking the Training button, you receive the following error:
Error Description: Could not locate the flash media clip.
http://media.onlineexpert.com/ … source_domain=mhprofessional.onlineexpert.com
Many of the CDs that come with McGraw–Hill products contain links to courses that run online but require the CD to be in the CD-ROM drive at all times during the course. These hybrid courses are known as MediaPoint courses. After logging in to the McGraw–Hill OnlineExpert website, you will need to change the media settings within the website so that the website looks for media on the CD instead of on an online media server.
- Open http://mhprofessional.onlineexpert.com in Internet Explorer. Chrome and Firefox are not compatible with the interface that LearnKey has created for McGraw–Hill products.
- After logging in, ensure that the Courses tab is active in the Quick List pane on the left of the webpage
- On the My Tools pane on the right of the webpage, click Media Settings
- Select Stream media from local CD (MediaPoint CD) and select your CD-ROM drive in the Local CD Drive drop-down box (usually drive D or E). If you do not know what drive letter your CD-ROM drive is using, please read http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-add-remove-drive-letter
- Click the Update Media Settings button
- With the McGraw–Hill CD in your CD-ROM drive, run the training from the Quick List or All Courses features on the interface